Mega Project Blog 2
AFTAB HUSSAIN (Circle Leader)
HAFIZA AQSA MAHMOOD
MADAM, ALEENA RABIA KHAN
SIR, GHAZI ABID
ALI INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (AMAL ACADEMY)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. PROBLEM STATEMENT
a) PROGRESS OF WORK TILL NOW
b) TASK COMPLETION
c) ACTIONABLE ITEMS
3. EFFORTS WE MADE
a) SANITIZER PREPARATION
b) SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
c) PUBLIC SOURCE PRACTICE
4. IMPACT WE CREATED
5. TOOLS USED IN IT
6. FUTURE LEARNINGS AND SUSTAINABILITY
1. PROBLEM STATEMENT
Due to exacerbated, intensified COVID-19 outbreak, the supplies of adequate medical protective equipment has been halted. There has been a global halt in supply chain created by hoarders and they are selling these necessities at exorbitant rates. The Artificial deficit of basic necessities could create hype. The risen tension amongst the people might lead to chaos in Pakistan as well. There is also the lack of a proper platform to train people to volunteer their services.
Hand sanitizers are the key equipment have been running short of the market. To ensure their availability there must be a channelized system, ease in accessibility to needy ones.
HOW MUCH WE’VE WORK TILL NOW?
· TASK COMPLETION
· ACTIONABLE ITEMS
1. HOW WE WORKED OR IMPACTED SOCIETY?
· SANITIZER PREPARATION
We have prepared sanitizer which was rarely available in the market, easily accessible.
It is cheap as compared to others.
We prepared the hand-sanitizer using the Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Dettol and Methylated Spirit
· SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
It was indeed a difficult task of crowd-pulling in such a grim situation. People were reluctant to go outside. We made a strategy to use social media as a weapon to assist people. Using WHO recommendation we spread the instructions by social media, we also arranged seminars on ZOOM.
· PUBLIC SOURCE PRACTICE
We volunteered our services on local residential streets for a social cause. Everybody can’t afford the sanitizer itself, it was our responsibility to make a check around on humanitarian grounds.
· SURVEY FORM
The Survey form was really helpful to make our work more accountable. Also, we get to know people responses on laws promulgated by the authorities.
REFLECTION ON CHALLENGES WE FACED
1) Our Mega Project was self-financed, therefore, a lot of risks was involved in it.
2) Before Covid-19 Pandemic, we had a different to reach the audience.
3) During Covid-19 Pandemic we had to revise our strategy because a few fellows left Amal.
4) There were connectivity issues while working on the Mega Project.
5) There was a lack of interest shown by storekeepers, reluctant to buy our product.
6) Most of the circle’s fellows had online classes during the Mega Project.
7) We faced criticism by the PM as we couldn’t provide pieces of evidence in of our work in Blog 1 because most of the fellows were having clashes with online classes
8) There were issues on task division as a few CMs left the fellowship.
9) We’ve the majority of females in our circle before it was difficult for them as well to reach out to community due to social norms; a blessing in disguise J
WHAT WE HAVE LEARNT?
· We’ve learnt teamwork.
· How to deal with challenging situations.
· It enhances our individual thinking about working on a social cause, think out of the box.
· Time Management is very important, most of us were procrastinators in various things, the Mega Project has helped us to work.
· By learning through this experience, we can work in any organization.
· We can enhance our networking.
· We can work with social welfare organizations.
· We can get rapidly public feedback.